Eqvalan Duo Worming Treatment for Horses
Eqvalan Duo is a special treatment for horses as it targets and destroys different types of worm species. The oral paste treats tapeworms in horses, large and small redworms, roundworms, threadworms, hairworms, and different parasites like bots. It is safe to be administered on pregnant/lactating mares and young foals. Eqvalan Duo is recommended to be used after 3 months of pregnancy. Because of its taste, the horses love it.
Eqvalan Duo for Horses
The main active ingredients present in Eqvalan Duo are Ivermectin and Praziquantel. These two potent elements are effective together against the parasitic actions. They effectively eliminate the worms by barraging their central nervous activities. This treatment provides a broad-spectrum protection to the horses from several worms and prevents infections as well.
Please Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- One syringe treats horses up to 600 kg.
- Make sure the horse’s mouth contains no food.
- While holding the plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the stop ring is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning it ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible on the ring and the one on the plunger rod, into alignment.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the interdental space and deposit the paste on the base of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing and ensure that the paste is consumed.
- The recommended dose is 1.29g of paste per 100kg bodyweight in a single treatment.
- Weight the horse before treating.
- Calibrated markings are provided at 100kg bodyweight intervals.
- The syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the appropriate place on the plunger. Parasite control program Veterinary advice should be sought on appropriate dosing programs and stock management to achieve adequate parasite control for both tapeworm and roundworm infestations.
- Specially designed to treats tapeworms
- Kills and prevents various infestations caused by different worms
- Suitable for controlling bots in horses
- Safe to use in pregnant mares after the first three months of gestation, lactating mares, and foal form
- Highly palatable
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- For oral administration only.
- Wash hands after using this product.
- Do not eat, smoke or drink while administering the product.
- Do not use on dogs, cats and any other animal species.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
works as it says
Works as it says no more side effect.
a good option for our fussy eater