Eqvalan Paste for Horses
Eqvalan is a wormer designed for protection of horses. It is useful for the treatment of parasitic infestations due to internal worms including large strongyles, small strongyles, hairworms, pinworms, ascarids, intestinal threadworms, large-mouth stomach worms, neck threadworms and stomach bots. This effective oral paste is used in control of various worms that spread infections. Suitable to be used on pregnant mares and breeding stallions it is a perfect de-worming treatment for horses.
Eqvalan for horses
The active ingredient present in Eqvalan is Ivermectin. Ivermectin acts against various worms by hampering the working of nerve cells, resulting into paralysis of the parasite. Thus, these intestinal parasites are eliminated efficiently without causing any side effects. It also protects the horse from re-infestations of these worms.
Please Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- Administer the paste orally.
- One syringe treats 600kg of body weight.
- Weigh horse before treatment to provide the correct dosage.
- Ensure there is no food in horse’s mouth.
- Each weight marking on the syringe plunger will deliver sufficient paste to treat 100 kg of body weight.
- Unlock the knurled ring by making 1/4 turn and slide the knurled ring up the plunger shaft so that the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Turn the knurled ring 1/4 turn to lock in place.
- Remove the plastic cap from the tip of the nozzle.
- Make sure the horse’s mouth contains no feed. Insert the syringe into the horse’s mouth at the interdental space.
- Advance the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the medication at the base of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.
- Potent anti-parasitic paste used for treating worms and bots in horses
- Safeguards the horses from harmful worm infection
- Regular treatment prevents recurring infection
- Highly palatable
- Safe to use in pregnant mares and breeding stallions
- Keep away from the reach of pets and children.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- Wash hands after using this treatment on horses.
- Avoid contact with the skin.
- Not to be used on dogs and cats.
- Do not use in cases of known hypersensitivity to the active substance.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
can enjoy a good race with my horse
No more stomach worm issue
No more troubling with stomach worm issues in our horses.