Heartgard Plus for Dogs
Heartgard Plus for dogs - one pill performs many kills. It’s a monthly oral beef-flavored chew that not only prevents dangerous heartworm infestation in dogs but also kills and controls intestinal worms like roundworms and hookworms. Heartgard Plus is a highly palatable chew that is extremely efficient in killing juvenile heartworms that are transferred by mosquitoes. As a highly popular heartwormer in our country, this preventive is an apt treatment if you want a heartworm preventive and a dewormer.
Heartgard Plus - A Broad Spectrum Heartworm Preventive For Dogs
The unique active ingredients Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate are anti-parasitic and anthelmintic agents respectively. Ivermectin prevents heartworm (D. immitis) infestation and Pyrantel Pamoate eliminates roundworms and hookworms by paralyzing the worms. Heartgard along with a combination of these two ingredients is able to prevent heartworms and terminate roundworms and hookworms from the body of dogs.
Direction for use
- The oral beef flavored chew should be given monthly.
- Please make sure you don’t forget the date on which you administered the treatment as the treatment should be given on the same day of each month throughout the year.
- It is a chew so make sure you put it in the mouth of your dog and ensure he/she does not swallow it without chewing it.
- It can be broken, crumbled or mixed with the food or fed as pieces to your furry pal.
- Ensure that your pooch completes the meal if you give it by mixing it in the food.
- Prevents heartworm infestations very effectively
- Treats and controls roundworm and hookworm infestation
- It comes in a real beef flavored chew thus making the feeding job easy for pet parents
- A single dose is effective for an entire month
- Advised to be given to pregnant or breeding female dogs
- Please test your pups and dogs for existing heartworm infection before commencing the prevention program.
- Your pup should chew the tablet and not swallow it.
- Do not skip the dosage in winters as it can make your pooch vulnerable to heartworm infestation.
- Consult your vet if you miss the treatment for two months continuously.
Collies including Border Collies and other breeds have a genetic intolerance to Ivermectin. Those pet owners with Collies and other susceptible breeds should look for alternatives to Ivermectin for the treatment of parasites.
Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
All Good with this, No problem
no adverse reaction
Best protection from heartworm and no side effects.
Best guard for heartworm disease is only Heartgard Plus! Just give it a try.