Prac-tic Spot-On Solution for Dogs
Prac-tic is an effective topical treatment for dogs that ensures a monthly protection by destroying fleas and ticks. The spot-on eliminates fleas (Ctenocephalides canis and C. felis) within 24 hours of application. The efficient topical treatment also controls flea allergy dermatitis in dogs. The ticks that the spot-on eliminates are Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Dermacentor variabilis and Amblyomma americanum in a time span of 48 hours.
A Novartis / Elanco manufactured product, Prac-tic spot-on has a swift action in eliminating fleas and ticks to provide complete protection for a month. It consists of Pyriprole as its active ingredient, which belongs to a family of phenylpyrazole i.e. wide spectrum insecticides and acaracides. It effectively blocks the GABA receptors of the parasites and kills them. It aids in prevention of flea re-infestations as well.
Please Note: Due to Elanco’s acquisition of Novartis Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- Weigh the dog before administering the treatment.
- Make your dog stand in a comfortable position.
- Hold the pipette in an upright position.
- Spread the fur on the back of the dog to make the skin visible.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin of the dog and empty its contents on the spot.
- If you have a large dog, apply on 2-3 spots down the back-line till the tail of the dog.
- For very small dogs (4.5-10lbs) – Orange
- For small dogs (10-25lbs) – Green
- For medium dogs (25-50lbs) – Yellow
- For large dogs (50-110lbs) - White
- Effective against fleas and ticks
- Monthly treatment
- Prevents re-infestations of the fleas
- Water fast treatment
- Controls flea allergy dermatitis
- Eliminates adult fleas before they lay eggs
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Read the label properly before using the product.
- Do not bath or shampoo the dog at least 48 hours before application.
- Avoid drinking, smoking and eating during administration of the treatment.
- Only to be used on dogs.
- Not recommended for cats.
- Store the treatment away from direct sunlight.
- Not be administered on sick or convalescing dogs.
- Suitable for puppies 8 weeks of age and older and of weight greater than 4lbs.
Novartis / Elanco
This is super easy on the wallet.
No negative effects
no negative effects after using this treatment., works perfectly
Just use it and forget worrying about those bloody parasites. It worked best for my buddy.