Prac-tic Spot-On Solution for Dogs
Prac-tic is an effective topical treatment for dogs that ensures a monthly protection by destroying fleas and ticks. The spot-on eliminates fleas (Ctenocephalides canis and C. felis) within 24 hours of application. The efficient topical treatment also controls flea allergy dermatitis in dogs. The ticks that the spot-on eliminates are Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Dermacentor variabilis and Amblyomma americanum in a time span of 48 hours.
A Novartis / Elanco manufactured product, Prac-tic spot-on has a swift action in eliminating fleas and ticks to provide complete protection for a month. It consists of Pyriprole as its active ingredient, which belongs to a family of phenylpyrazole i.e. wide spectrum insecticides and acaracides. It effectively blocks the GABA receptors of the parasites and kills them. It aids in prevention of flea re-infestations as well.
Please Note: Due to Elanco’s acquisition of Novartis Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- Weigh the dog before administering the treatment.
- Make your dog stand in a comfortable position.
- Hold the pipette in an upright position.
- Spread the fur on the back of the dog to make the skin visible.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin of the dog and empty its contents on the spot.
- If you have a large dog, apply on 2-3 spots down the back-line till the tail of the dog.
- For very small dogs (4.5-10lbs) – Orange
- For small dogs (10-25lbs) – Green
- For medium dogs (25-50lbs) – Yellow
- For large dogs (50-110lbs) - White
- Effective against fleas and ticks
- Monthly treatment
- Prevents re-infestations of the fleas
- Water fast treatment
- Controls flea allergy dermatitis
- Eliminates adult fleas before they lay eggs
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Read the label properly before using the product.
- Do not bath or shampoo the dog at least 48 hours before application.
- Avoid drinking, smoking and eating during administration of the treatment.
- Only to be used on dogs.
- Not recommended for cats.
- Store the treatment away from direct sunlight.
- Not be administered on sick or convalescing dogs.
- Suitable for puppies 8 weeks of age and older and of weight greater than 4lbs.
Novartis / Elanco
best flea preventive
best flea preventive I have ever used. love this product, protects our kids.
Good product nothing to worry about when it comes to fleas and ticks.
Powerful flea spot on solution