Heartgard Plus for Dogs
Heartgard Plus for dogs - one pill performs many kills. It’s a monthly oral beef-flavored chew that not only prevents dangerous heartworm infestation in dogs but also kills and controls intestinal worms like roundworms and hookworms. Heartgard Plus is a highly palatable chew that is extremely efficient in killing juvenile heartworms that are transferred by mosquitoes. As a highly popular heartwormer in our country, this preventive is an apt treatment if you want a heartworm preventive and a dewormer.
Heartgard Plus - A Broad Spectrum Heartworm Preventive For Dogs
The unique active ingredients Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate are anti-parasitic and anthelmintic agents respectively. Ivermectin prevents heartworm (D. immitis) infestation and Pyrantel Pamoate eliminates roundworms and hookworms by paralyzing the worms. Heartgard along with a combination of these two ingredients is able to prevent heartworms and terminate roundworms and hookworms from the body of dogs.
Direction for use
- The oral beef flavored chew should be given monthly.
- Please make sure you don’t forget the date on which you administered the treatment as the treatment should be given on the same day of each month throughout the year.
- It is a chew so make sure you put it in the mouth of your dog and ensure he/she does not swallow it without chewing it.
- It can be broken, crumbled or mixed with the food or fed as pieces to your furry pal.
- Ensure that your pooch completes the meal if you give it by mixing it in the food.
- Prevents heartworm infestations very effectively
- Treats and controls roundworm and hookworm infestation
- It comes in a real beef flavored chew thus making the feeding job easy for pet parents
- A single dose is effective for an entire month
- Advised to be given to pregnant or breeding female dogs
- Please test your pups and dogs for existing heartworm infection before commencing the prevention program.
- Your pup should chew the tablet and not swallow it.
- Do not skip the dosage in winters as it can make your pooch vulnerable to heartworm infestation.
- Consult your vet if you miss the treatment for two months continuously.
Collies including Border Collies and other breeds have a genetic intolerance to Ivermectin. Those pet owners with Collies and other susceptible breeds should look for alternatives to Ivermectin for the treatment of parasites.
Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
no more heartworms
With this treatment, I am rest assured for my dog.
Heartgard is a highly effective treatment for preventing heartworms.
no adverse reaction
Best protection from heartworm and no side effects.